Sunday, November 3, 2013

Leadership Review

I struggled to think of a good person to talk to for this assignment. I am no longer involved in one of the student organizations that I spent the most time in for my freshman and sophomore years. As such, I had to think of who i could reach out to that would know and understand my leadership style. It happened this past weekend when I was hanging out with an old friend from my former organization. I had helped bring him into the program, and he never fails to let me know how important my friendship was to him early on. I openly welcomed him, gave him advice on how to behave in certain new situations, and helped usher him into a great position of leadership where he earned a lot of respect. He was recently elected to an even higher position in the organization, and he still credits me as the reason he joined. After this conversation with him, (where I did hear some negative feedback that I graciously accepted) I left feeling like I had helped to make a difference in his life, and because of that, he was going to be making a difference in a hundred more lives. It was great to hear him confirm certain beliefs I already held about my leadership style, and even better to hear his insight into things I'd never considered. I really enjoyed this exercise; I will probably ask more people about my leadership in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment